How to cancel E-invoicing in E-invoice Portal
E-invoice1.gst.gov.in or the e-invoice portal is the first invoice registration portal in India. E-invoicing system maintained by the National Informatics Center (NIC) for generating and cancel IRN for GST e-invoices. The e-invoicing system became applicable from 1st October 2020 for those taxpayers who has a cross 500 crores turnover and from 1 Jan 2021 for those taxpayers who has cross 100 crores turnover. The CBIC has decided that e-invoicing under GST will be applicable from 1st April 2021 for businesses with an aggregated turnover of more than Rs.50 crores (in any financial year from FY 2017-18 onwards).
There are various facilities provided on einvoice1.gst.gov.in ore-invoice portal. you can generate, cancel, print e-invoicing under GST from the portal. you can also generate bulk or single e-way bill and print. if you are using Tally Prime you can easily generate E-invoice from tally Prime. Tally prime Provide all feature for e-invoice, for example, single -e-invoice generation, Bulk e-invoice generation, cancel e-invoice, undo IRN Cancellation, and get IRN information From Portal
1 –How to cancel E-invoicing under GST From E-invoice Portal.
e-invoice portal will process each invoice one at a time. GST-e-invoice can be cancelled on the IRP only within 24 hours. Further, the whole of the invoice would have to be cancelled since partial cancellation is not possible. Amendments to an e-invoice cannot be carried out on the e-invoice portal.
While cancellation on the e-invoice portal is allowed only within 24 hours, amendment and cancellation of e-invoices are allowed on the GST e-invoice portal as per the provisions of GST law. This implies that amendments and cancellations of e-invoice would continue to be made while reporting in Form GSTR-1.
2 – To cancel a GST-e-invoice on the e-invoice portal, a taxpayer has to follow these steps
Step 1:- Go to on e-invoice portal which is https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in/
Step 2:- Press login
Step 3:- Fill in admin User id and password. if you are not registered so kindly registered first and after that login again. if you have an e-waybill login id or password then you can log in.
Step 4:- select E-invoice and then select cancel e-invoice from the given list.
Step 5:- you have three choices for cancel GST-e-invoice.
- By IRN (Invoice Reference Number)
- By Acknowledgement number
- By Date
- Order cancellation by a buyer
- Incorrect entry
- Duplicate entry, etc.
Points to be noted before cancel GST-e-invoice
- If a GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) will be cancelled, then, the same invoice number cannot be used again to generate another GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number). If it will be used again, the invoice will be rejected by the e-invoice portal, when reported. This is because, e-invoicing under GST or IRN is a unique reference number for invoices generated based on the GSTIN, document/ invoice number, type of document & financial year it has been issued in.
- If an e-way bill for e-invoicing under GST or IRN has been generated then cancellation of IRN will not be permitted by the e-invoice portal.
- In case a GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) will be cancelled, then GSTR-1 will also be automatically updated with ‘cancelled’ status.
- If an invoice has to be cancelled after 24 hours, the taxpayers can only cancel the same manually on the GST portal before filing the GST returns.
- Amendments in the e-Invoice are allowed only through the GST portal as per the provisions of GST law.3-How to Undo GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) Cancellation in Tally Prime.In certain situations, you may have cancelled the GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) for a particular voucher in TallyPrime, but you may want to undo this cancellation. For example, this might be needed when you had selected the wrong voucher for cancellation, or 24 hours have already passed since GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) generation, and the GST-e-invoice System won’t accept the cancellation anymore. In such cases, you can undo the GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) cancellation.
How to Get GST-e-invoice or IRN (Invoice Reference Number) Information in Tally Prime from e-invoice portal.